Right from the outset the local tour operator has been incredibly attentive and provided me excellent booking support via email, even with 8 weeks pre-booking time. On the day of the tour it all got even better. Heather was a marvel - kind, attentive to the groups needs and incredibly knowledgeable. The tour was long in time, but always felt fun and we had plenty of comfort stop offs to make sure... Reviewed by:Anonymous,
UK, September 2012 Read all 22 reviews » View recent photos »
Rustic Outdoors During The Day - Warm Bed At Night" San Francisco, California
Lowest Price From $368.99 USD $348.99 USD
Escape to the mountains for two full days of hiking, sightseeing and exploring in the amazing natural wilderness of Yosemite National Park. On this overnight tour, you will trek through Yosemite Valley, the High Country, Giant Sequoias, and relax in the the comfort of your own bed, spending the night in a hotel surrounded by the beautiful National Forest.
ABOVE PRICING REFLECTS A PER PERSON QUADRUPLE OCCUPANCY RATE. TRIPLE, DOUBLE AMD SINGLE OCCUPANCY RATES ARE AVAILABLE FOR AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE.
100% Price Guarantee: We will refund the difference if you find a lower price online or at your destination. Find out more.
Operates: Daily Seasonal
April 1 - October 31
Duration:2 days / 1 night
Departure Point: Passengers will be picked up from their hotel between approximately 6:15am and 7am, depending on the hotel location.
Passengers will be picked up from their hotel between approximately 6:15am and 7am, depending on the hotel location.
Departure Time: 6:15am - 7am
Hotel Pickup:Click here for a list of local hotels where pick-up / drop-off for this tour is provided free of charge (unless otherwise stated).
Safety:100% safe. All transactions done securely.
Vouchers & Confirmation Immediately after submitting your reservation you will receive a receipt of booking by email. Within 48 hours (often on the very same day!) you will receive a voucher confirming all details.
Voucher Info: You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- Complimentary San Francisco area hotel pickup and return included for your convenience.
- Cross the Bay Bridge with views of Alcatraz and Angel Island through Oakland and the East Bay.
- Yosemite Valley is known for its landmark rock formations.
- Enjoy a 1.5-hour guided tour through Yosemite's glaciated valley with its famous waterfalls and rock formations.
- One simple picnic-style lunch and one breakfast are provided when traveling during the summer months.
- Hike down to the Giant Sequoia Trees.
- Visit the Ansel Adams Gallery, which strives to cultivate an aesthetic appreciation and concern for the world.
- El Capitan is a favorite for experienced rock climbers.
- See El Capitan rise almost 3,000 feet above Yosemite Valley's floor - the largest monolith of granite in the world.
This tour / activity has the following tour options. Click the "Check Availability" button to select a travel date and confirm availability for your preferred tour option.
Cedar Lodge-Single Room
- Price from USD $478.99
- Single-occupancy room at Cedar Lodge. Price valid only for people requiring sole occupancy of hotel room.
- Code: X1P
Cedar Lodge-Double Room
- Price from USD $408.99
- Double-occupancy room at Cedar Lodge. Price valid only for groups of two people booking together.
- Code: X2P
Cedar Lodge-Triple Room
- Price from USD $383.99
- Triple-occupancy room at Cedar Lodge. Price valid only for groups of three people booking together.
- Code: X3P
Cedar Lodge-Quadruple Room
- Price from USD $368.99
- Quadruple-occupancy room at Cedar Lodge. Price valid only for groups of four people booking together.
- Code: X4P
Yosemite Lodge-Single Room
- Price from USD $638.99
- Single-occupancy room at Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for people requiring sole occupancy of hotel room.
- Code: LODGEX1P
Yosemite Lodge-Double Room
- Price from USD $508.99
- Double-occupancy room at Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of two people booking together.
- Code: LODGEX2P
Yosemite Lodge-Triple Room
- Price from USD $468.99
- Triple-occupancy room at Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of three people booking together.
- Code: LODGEX3P
Yosemite Lodge-Quadruple Room
- Price from USD $448.99
- Quadruple-occupancy room at Yosemite Lodge. Price valid only for groups of four people booking together.
- Code: LODGEX4P
On this tour of Yosemite National Park from San Francisco, you'll have two days to explore, giving you more time and flexibility to see all the sights. Your driver guide will provide valuable knowledge of the history of Yosemite and a more personal experience of the park throughout your trip.
In the summertime (April through October), the two days in Yosemite National Park are divided between the Yosemite Valley and the High Country. Your guide stays with you at the hotel providing information and advice to help you get the most out of your time in the park. In the valley, you will explore and photograph famous highlights such as Yosemite Falls (the tallest waterfall in North America), El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Fall, and Inspiration Point.
The High Country portion of the tour includes a hike among the Giant Sequoias, and a trip to Glacier Point. In addition to the spectacular views from Glacier Point itself, you can take a hike to the top of Sentinel Dome or to Taft Point.
During winter (November through March), the guided portion of the tour is on the first day only, leaving the second day entirely yours to do as you please. Witness Yosemite Valley blanketed in snow and the magnificent Yosemite and Bridalveil Falls coated in ice. Hike along the valley floor, join a Ranger program or enjoy a warm drink by the fire at the Ahwanee Hotel - the choice is entirely up to you!
Your visit to Yosemite concludes between 3:00pm and 4:00pm on day two, with the vans arriving back in San Francisco at approximately 9:00pm. Slip away to Yosemite park for two full days of fun and exploration!
Leave San Francisco behind and cross the Bay Bridge with amazing views of Alcatraz & Angel Islands. Cruise through Oakland, the East Bay and on to the Central Valley to stop for groceries (lunch is provided on Apr-Oct departures). Travel through Gold Country and the Sierra Nevada Foothills.
Arrive at Yosemite National Park and hike down to the Giant Sequoia Trees for a picnic lunch (lunch included on Apr-Oct departures). After lunch, enjoy a fully narrated 1.5-hour guided tour through Yosemite's glaciated valley with its famous waterfalls and rock formations.
After the tour, stop for the afternoon at the base of Yosemite Falls. Your guide will provide a choice of activities (Apr-Oct only) that may include: a walk to the base of the falls, time at the main visitor's center, swimming, biking or hiking. During winter months (Nov-March), you will have the freedom to explore the solitude and serenity of the Yosemite Valley on your own. Hike along the valley floor, join a Ranger program or enjoy a warm drink by the fire at the Ahwanee Hotel
Regroup and head to your lodging for dinner, time to relax by the river and hang out in the pub (meal not included). Stay at the Cedar Lodge, which is situated in the picturesque Merced River canyon close to the river. There is a private beach access to the Merced River along with an indoor and outdoor pool and jacuzzi.
Wake up, have breakfast & pack up. In summer (Apr-Oct departures) you will drive as a group to Glacier Point for views of Yosemite Valley. Here, you have the option to hike back to the Valley or return in the van and have a full free day in Yosemite Valley, where you can choose from many different hiking options, spend time by the river or rent a bike.
In winter months (Nov-Mar) you will have the morning to enjoy this winter wonderland before your trip back to San Francisco. With fewer visitors and more solitude, some people say that Yosemite is the best in the winter months!
Stop for a bite to eat along the way (meal not included). Enjoy the San Francisco skyline as we cross the Bay Bridge and return you to your hotel.
A minimum of 5 passengers are required to run this tour.
This tour does not pickup from the San Francisco International Airport, Oakland International Airport or airport hotels.
Spend the night in comfortable hotel accommodation, which is in most cases right on the Merced River. There is private beach access as well as an indoor and outdoor pool and a jacuzzi. The rooms have phone, TV and HBO, but there will be no need for these distractions as the river is nearby and the pub is on the premises.
We use 15-passenger vans, fueled by 100% Biodiesel (vegetable oil-based fuel), with air-conditioning and stereo for a comfortable ride. All of our vans have large roof racks for your luggage.
What to Pack
- Small Overnight Bag that can fit under your seat
- Sneakers or Hiking Boots
- Hiking Clothes - Shorts & T-shirts
- Sun Protection & Bugspray
- Water Bottle
- Warm Layers - evenings can be cool
- Raincoat/Jacket - Summer showers are common
- Small Overnight Bag that can fit under your seat
- Hiking Boots or Sneakers - waterproof preferred
- Warm Layers - we suggest long underwear
- Swimwear - hotel has Indoor Pool & Jacuzzi
- Sun Protection
- Water Bottle